Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Proof that dining alone is bad for you

I went to lunch solo today, as I often do, and stopped in at the local BBQ joint for a po'boy and an iced tea. The place is packed as usual with oilfield and refinery workers, all rough and driving 3/4 ton trucks that could tow your house. While dining and minding my own business, I made a random observation about the dessert most were having. There is absolutely no manly way to eat an ice cream cone. You can be a 6'4", 300 pound guy with a beard thick enough to scrub rust from a barbecue grill and a shaved head yet the moment you start eating an ice cream cone you look like more of a fairy than the cast of an average show on Bravo. It is a thought I just didn't need. And now I have passed it to you. Try cleaning that out of your brain...

No comments: