Thursday, June 26, 2008

Getting Older

Now that I have pissed off the three religions most likely to declare holy war, it is time to wax reflective. Whoever said 30 is the new 20 needs to have a semi-automatic shotgun shoved up his ass without lube and have the trigger pulled until it clicks. You know you are getting old when you turn on the classic rock station and hear the stuff that came out when you were in high school. Metallica's Load album is not classic yet, is it? For that matter, could it ever be? I digress. I had my hair cut today only to reveal more gray hair. I'm turning 30, not 60. I shouldn't have this much gray hair. I actually found a few grays on my chest. A kid I taught in Sunday school when he was 5 is 14 now. My brother, a kid whose diapers I changed, is a 6'5" 19 year old.

To top it off, George Carlin, the edgy comedian I have loved for years, is dead now. I am watching his tribute marathon, remembering all of the laughs he brought to my time on this planet. In his 71 years on this rock his comedy made people think, laugh, and often run in terror. You will be missed George. In your honor I end with your most famous seven words.

"Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, CockSucker, MotherFucker, and Tits"

No comments: