Saturday, February 23, 2008

Witnessing History

Friday I went to the Barack Obama Rally for Change in Corpus Christi. My super cool photographer friend Connie, also known as Mini Mija (because she is who I would be if I were a 5'2" hispanic girl), and I went down with our awesome cameras to document the time when the first black man with a real shot at the presidency came to Corpus Christi. Here was our journey.

The crowd lining up was so huge there was no good way to really reflect that in a single photo. Imagine a crowd 6-7 times what you see here. It was absolutely crazy.

There were people from every walk of life, including the obligatory protestors.



Seriously, I remember 9/11. I remember it was led by a Saudi man and pulled off by a mix of Saudis, Syrians, and Afghanistani terrorists. Not one Iraqi. Not one. There were no terrorists in Iraq until we overturned the dictator that was keeping them out. Are the Iraqis better off for our overturning their dictator? Only time will tell. Even a homicidal dictator is better than Sharia Law.


Seriously, no matter what your stance on abortion, I am pro-choice, there is NEVER going to be a Supreme Court that would overturn it. Period. Move on.
The Rally itself was worth the few hours waiting outside and standing around. Barack was in top form. I will leave you with a couple of the best photos of the day.


No comments: