Sunday, April 04, 2010

Just Jessica

Rising from the dust yet again, I am back for another blog. I know, usually when I do these I am bitching about something but today will be different. Why? Because I feel different. Two weeks ago, two things happened to me.

One, I quit my job to strike out on my own again. No ill feelings to the old job, just felt it was time to mosey on down the road.

The second was Jessica. Two weeks ago I walked into Barton Street pub to meet some online friends in real life for some drinks. In looking for them, I ran into an old high school friend on his way out the door. I thought nothing of it and headed to the bar.

I noticed this beautiful girl dancing to the karaoke and noticed she kept looking at me.

She reminded me of this girl I knew in high school, one of the untouchable beautiful people that I had a crush on from the first day of freshman year. I walked up to ask her where she had gone to school and as it turned out, she was indeed the very girl I had drooled over in high school before I had grown the ego I have today. And for the record, just as hot now as she was then.

She asked me for my number under the auspices of looking up old friends from the reunion. I thought little of it and was just glad to talk to her. The next day she called me and asked what I was doing that night. Long story short, we went to Olive Garden and a movie. My inner 15 year old was giddy. I was on a date with the girl I had crushed on all through high school. We finished the night with a kiss on the cheek.

Now I know, those who know me are saying to yourselves, "Riiiight. Kiss on the cheek. Next you want me to believe rainbow ponies flew out you ass and sang the star spangled banner." Trust me.

For the last two weeks I have been dating one of the hottest girls I went to school with and taking it slow. I am also happier than I have been in years.

I am not saying I am settling down or picking out rings. I am saying she makes me happy just being around. No pretense. No worries. Just Jessica.

No comments: