Tuesday, August 16, 2005

On Nostalgia

First, Happy Birthday to my beautiful wife. I love you honey.

All the birthdays got me thinking about the good old days. Good old days remind me of the foods I grew up on so I had corn dogs for lunch. Somehow food can take you back to a simpler time. Charles was still in charge, life had very few facts, nobody knew what the hell Willis was talking about, and Michael Jackson was still black. I could stop at the corner store for a pack on candy cigarettes with which to freak out all of the parents on the block and Pop Rocks and Pepsi were a "fatal" combination. The internet was for geeks only and music didn't suck as bad. It truly was a golden age. Life was good.

Wait...a lot of 80's music did suck, Charles was never really in charge, nobody cared what Willis was saying and Michael Jackson has NEVER REALLY been black. Candy cigarettes caused me three trips to the dentist and Pop Rocks and Pepsi tastes like crap on a stick. The internet was only for geeks because it was boring as all hell and the fact of life was that it sucked. Funny how age puts a shiny glow on crap as long as you don't think about it. Guess that is what I get for thinking. I want my MTV...

No comments: