Ok, mushy moment over.
What can I do to keep this place interesting? I bore easily and I know much of my audience enjoys the short attention span theatre this place has become. My question is, what can I do to bring in more people? I want those of the same caliber as my current readers, intellectual windbags with a sense of humor. I like the diversity of our current group and would like to expand it. JC, you being a fellow web geek, what method would you recommend to get the word out? All fellow windbags, what improvements should I make in content if any? Are there any design recommendations? Should I publish an RSS feed? Should I polish my writing? Should I quit my job, move to the country and raise horses, shunning the evils of technology?
Just checking to see if you were paying attention on that last one.
In other news, I've been contemplating writing a book for years. The problem is I have such a short attention span I never get past the first chapter without changing the topic three times. I think I may have found a remedy but I will need the help of my fellow windbags. I will offer some possible topics for a book and the peanut gallery votes on it. Then I will periodically post pages, chapters, etc. and get the general opinion on it.
First, we need to pick a general topic for the book. The options are
- Men's self help guide on relationships (with humor a la Dave Barry)
- A memoirs similar to Tim Allen's "Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man."
- Humorous fiction
- Trashy romance novel with non stop sex
- General societal commentary
- Political pundit type rantings
- Collection of smaller essays on various topics written for the short attention span
- A list of possible book topics so long it becomes a book...